History

 

 

 

 Arcadia Elementary School opened on its present site during the early 1950's.  The building was previously located approximately one mile away. 

During the 1984-85 school year the current building was remodeled to accommodate more classrooms, a gym, and a cafeteria.  These improvements nearly doubled the original size of the school.  The former cafeteria was converted into the media center. 

 In 2006 the school expanded again with the addition of a new wing.  This structure included rooms for ESOL, Music, Art, Computer Lab, two kindergartens, two pre-kindergartens, and a workroom.  Additionally, numerous improvements were made to the auditorium, media center, and cafeteria. 

  1952 class picture

class picture